KISS FM’s Valentine’s Date Ideas
Another month means another holiday. Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and if you haven’t figured out your plans yet, don’t worry we got your back here at KISS! Check out our Top 10 ideas for a fun Valentine’s Day!
- Eat in to avoid crowds. Cook a nice meal or order delivery, cuddle up on the couch, and put on your favorite movie.
- Recreate your first date. Throw it back to where it all began! See just how many details you both can recall.
- A relaxing spa day for two. You can never go wrong with a day at the spa! Try out a couple’s massage or facials.
- Sing your hearts out. How fun does a night out at the karaoke bar sound?! After a couple drinks, grab a mic and start belting out your rendition of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You!
- Helicopter ride. Hop on Groupon and check out the great deals for helicopter rides around the city! After you’re done flying around, grab dinner or drinks at your favorite restaurant.
- Check out a new movie. We know, this one’s a little cliche! But what better day to see a rom-com or thriller than on a day strictly about love?!
- Fondue night. Melt delicious chocolate, cut up some fruit, and jump into chocolate fondue for a romantic night in.
- Paint pottery. Put your Picasso skills to work and take your loved one to relax and paint pottery together!
- Bowling. Create some Valentine’s Day memories with the whole crew. Get some of your friends together and head to the bowling alley for a friendly competition.
Brunch and a nature walk. If the weather allows (let’s hope!) take a nice walk and then head to a yummy brunch. Fresh air AND Eggs Benedict? Yes please!
With the Super Bowl approaching this Sunday, we thought we’d share Shonzi, Andy, and Cruise’s favorite appetizers for you to try out this weekend. Is there really anything better than a Sunday filled with food, friends, football, and a half-time performance by Lady GaGa?! Check out these super quick, easy recipes and let us know which one you will be trying out for the Patriots vs. Falcons Super Bowl!!
Shonzi’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 Package cream cheese softened
1 cup chicken breast (can be canned or rotisserie)
½ cup buffalo sauce
½ ranch OR bleu cheese dressing
2 cups monterey jack cheese
Tortilla chips, celery, and crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Layer the chicken, wing sauce and salad dressing. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with chips, crackers, and celery.
Andy’s BBQ Nachos
4 slices of bacon chopped into 1” pieces
½ red onion chopped
1 lb. ground beef or chicken
1 cup barbecue sauce
3 cups shredded cheddar
¼ cups sliced scallions
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Heat large skillet on medium. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Drain bacon pieces onto paper towel (set aside). Keep about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan. Add in onions and saute. Stir in ground beef (or chicken). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, until beef or chicken is throughly cooked. Add barbecue sauce to pan and bring to mixture to a simmer.
- Spread chips onto baking sheet. Pour bbq mixture on top of chips and sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon pieces. Bake until cheese is melted, for about 8-10 minutes. Garnish nachos with scallions.
Cruise’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
2 packages cream cheese
1 cup mild cheddar
½ cup cooked bacon (chopped, about 5 pieces)
½ tsp. parsley flakes
½ tsp. Dill weed
½ tsp. Garlic powder
¼ tsp. Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
5 tortillas (10 inch each)
- Add all ingredients into large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low until creamy. Add in salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between tortillas and spread evenly.
- Tightly roll tortillas and place in dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into wheels.