Road Trip tips
- Take turns behind the wheel. Also make sure the person sitting shot gun stays awake to help keep the driver up and alert.
- Get snacks prior to the road trip. Bring a cooler and fill it with water, energy drinks, gatorade, etc. It saves money and time!
- Make sure to get your car serviced before long road trips.
- Have updated ID, insurance, and vehicle registration in your car at all times.
- Turn off your locations when on social media
- If needing to go to an ATM, make sure to go with a friend or a couple people.
- Drink lots of water if out in the sun.
- Know the local laws, whether in a different state or in a different country.
- Don’t carry all your cash and cards on you. Keeps some in the hotel safe.
Money saving tips
- If you’re staying at a hotel, try to book one with complimentary breakfast/snacks. You’ll save a ton without having to worry about going somewhere to get breakfast.
- Download budgeting apps (ie. Mint) and stick with the budget. Be careful on spending money on things you don’t really need.
- Try renting a bike to get around places. Plus who doesn’t like riding a bike with beach views?!
- Bring your student ID with you everywhere, you never know when they might have student discounts.
- Once you arrive at your destination, get groceries! You’ll save money on snacks especially.